5/28/2008

Before & After

95% of the time...
5% of the time...Hate is a harsh word, so let me say that I STRONGLY DISLIKE our playroom. I am thinking of getting rid of it entirely. Kids have WAY too much crap these days! It drives me crazy because it is a huge mess 95% of the time! I am thinking about cutting down on our toys DRASTICALLY and putting a tv and couch up there. And a video game system. I am all for getting them sitting and watching tv more. Something a lot LESS messy! I'm just kidding about the tv thing... They play outside all the time and are very active and imaginative - but I am serious about the toy thing. Parker would much rather make tents and draw then play with his toys most of the time anyway. And Carson just does what Parker does. I just need to remember this every birthday and holiday. I always get things that I think are neat and that I am hoping they will love. I need to stop and realize that all it does is makes my life harder! Especially the toys with tons of little pieces! For example - right now in our playroom, and the family room for that matter, Playmobil pirate pieces are ALL over! Tiny, tiny swords and treasure chests and golden pirate coins the size of pencil erasures are sprinkled all over the house. It is just ridiculous. And I bought that for Parker 2 Christmases ago. When he was 3! What 3 year old needs a playset with pirates that are 2 inches tall and thousands of pieces I ask you!?
But isn't it the COOLEST thing you have ever seen!? And did I mention that it won the Parents Magazine Best Toy of The Year Award? I might just need to keep buying Playmobil stuff for me. I LOVE this stuff! And always have. I waited to have a kid so I could start buying it. Click HERE to visit the tiny world that I would LOVE to live in! :)

4 comments:

andrea said...

That before shot...that's what our playroom looks like...about 98% of the time! We finally got sick of a lot of the stuff and shoved it in the closet...and I mean shoved, no organization at all....and told the kids they were not allowed, under penalty of dismemberment, to get anything out of the closet. Amazing thing is, it's been about 5 months, and they haven't complained about missing anything in there. Guess it's time for a garage sale! Then I'll have a closet to use again! :)

holly said...

Hilarie I love the before shot. The toys are for the moms, I still have all of Gregory's Playmobil stuff and about 150 dinosaurs; and that's not even thinking about all of the American Girl doll stuff. I can't part with it though,it has to many great memories of family parties and summers where all of the kids get out literally every toy made and make towns and families in mine and Leilani's basement.

grams said said...

Hang in there Hil, you are almost to the "mature" living. and yes kids have way too many toys. I remember the year my little brother got 38 trucks for Christmas, and played with the fly swatter all day. It's all about our fantasy for them, not their own. They much rather build a tent.

Julie said...

I am totally with you on this one! My kids have way too many toys as well. But their best play is outside playing "neighborhood"! I have got to clean house...while they are gone!