9/19/2010

The Owl & The Pumpkin

Remember the post a few days ago about the Owl on a Pumpkin decoration that I wanted so bad... Well, I found a similar one for only 10 bucks at Hobby Lobby this week! I was so excited - so I sat down to compose this post and I pulled the 2 pics together and such...

And then I realized that mine is ugly. Now I am just plain ole' depressed. It is cheezy and cartoon-like and I will never be happy again. I will try desperately to live with it though, because I just can't justify spending more then I did right now. I will never look at the original picture again and I will bury the image deep in my mind. I can only hope that over time my fond memories will fade and one day I can learn to love my cheap owl/pumpkin knockoff decoration again. It will be a long journey. But I must try... For the sake of my fireplace mantle.

For this reason, I will not be posting comparison pics of the knock off Christmas Nativity set that I just got to take the place of the beautiful Southern Living at Home Nativity that I have wanted for years. I don't think that my mental status can handle that much sorrow right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to say but the expensive one is neater. :) Ha ha.

grams said said...

my thoughts! if you had a very elegant house you would most definatly (defiantly?) need the expensive one. But you have a home for children, and this one goes with all your other decorations very well. ...
NOW do you feel better or worse?
I love it!!