8/31/2010

New Website & Halloween Decorating

My neighbor just told me about the coolest site - Grandin Road. I have never heard of it before. Really cool stuff and Martha Stewart has a line with them as well.

Check out their Halloween section by clicking HERE. I am so excited to get my stuff out. I have tried to set some little boundaries for myself and have made a plan to wait until Sept. 15th - but looking at this website today in conjunction with getting the stuff to make my Halloween yarn wreath at Michael's last night... I can tell you right now I am not going to make it. I am pretty sure my stuff will be going out tomorrow! At least it will be in the month of September. That is not too bad right? I must have at least 2 months to enjoy it all! :)

Click HERE to check these pumpkin masks out. Aren't they so cute! What a great alternative for someone like me who hates carving pumpkins. All you have to do is carve out the eyes and mouth through the mask. I would love to put them on my kitchen counter with a bunch of moss around the base of the pumpkins and light them for Halloween night dinner. So cute!

Oh! Better yet -- I think I have seen pumpkins that are hollow and that you can carve at craft stores to put a candle in. That would be great if they looked real enough because then you could keep it year to year rather than carving a real pumpkin. I'm going to have to check that option out!

1 comment:

megan said...

I love Grandin Road. I ordered a Halloween 'Bust' (Dracula) last year that never actually arrived so they credited me back but I was so bumbed because it was SO COOL.

I too am counting down the days until I out out my Halloween stuff!!! I was asking Clay last night if the first week in Sept was too early. He said yes and I said I don't care. It is my favorite decorations!!! I want to enjoy them as long as possible.