1/20/2009

I can't believe what I just saw...

...a man was fixing his coffee in a truck right in front of me and while he was doing it he rolled down his window and proceeded to drop 4 little plastic cream containers out the window. I was stunned! What a selfish inconsiderate jerk. Who does that anymore? Who does he think is going to pick that up? Why does he think he is above contributing to society and taking responsibility for himself. He just drove away and left a little pile of plastic white cups in the middle of the street blowing around. Where does he think it ends up?

The Los Angeles Public Works department removes debris caught by booms from the L.A. River after a storm.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

AMEN sister!!!! I saw a car full of teenage girls (in the woodlands in a BMW - spoiled brats no doubt)...at Popeyes...she got her food, and threw her straw wrapper out of the window, as did another girl....I couldn't believe it!!! I wanted to yell at her to pick that up!!!!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

That horrible!!! I try to be as Green as I can and that just makes me sick!!!

Mallory said...

no kidding, you really don't see that too much these days. that is really unbelievably rude, i hope you were able to give him a dirty look :)

lawblob said...

Try living in Syracuse. I have seen entire McDonalds bags full of trash thrown out of car windows into the street. Some people just don't care.

lori said...

Hey it's been a while--I check your blog all of the time. We've been seriously busy--my blogging needs to get caught up. Even in UTAH I've seen this same spectical! People finishing their Burger King and opening their car door to leave the entire bag, etc. in the parking lot and then drive away, gum thrown out the window on the freeway, finished their soda while on the freeway--chuck it out the window--isn't that what those guys in orange vests are for? This has nothing to do with their mothers. Their mothers taught them how to do it!!