12/14/2008

A nun walked into a bar...

The other night my friend Adrienne and I went out to dinner and to do a little Christmas shopping. I went 'downtown' to meet up with her and we went to Restoration Hardware and Anthropologie - which just happened to be in the same parking lot as the PF Chang's that her and I and my family had Christmas Eve dinner at years ago. Probably around 1992 if I could guess. I will never forget that night because I remember seeing real nuns sitting at the bar. On Christmas Eve! All decked out in their habits. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

Let me give you a visual... All you have to do is swap out the barstools and the bright sunny day and replace it with a dark restaurant, Christmas trees and twinkly lights everywhere...

I kid you not - this is pretty much exactly what it looked like. :)

1 comment:

grams said said...

That is the most fantastic picture you have ever posted. Priceless! I must say, it took me a moment. Thanks for starting my day off with a smile.