6/23/2008

The Day In Photos - LA Times

One of my favorite things to do when I read the news is to look at the 'Day In Pictures' portion of whatever site I am on. My favorites are the Houston Chronicle and the LA Times. Reading the news is great because you get the whole story, but there is nothing like seeing a striking photograph to burn the story into your mind... Like this one of a refugee mother and child. You can read the stories of refugees a hundred times, but this photo makes me realize that it could easily be me. What if we were forced from our home because of a natural disaster or war or disease. Photos like these help me to constantly be grateful for my blessings.

An Afghan refugee holds her child at the Kacha Gari Afghan refugee camp on the outskirts of Peshawar, Pakistan. (Friday was) International Refugees Day.
{via latimes.com}

No comments: