6/03/2008

Chaiten Volcano

I have so many blogs that I absolutely love but I would be posting 10 a day to fit my favorite things in, so I don't... But I HAVE to start including pics from one of my VERY favorites. They are just WAY too interesting and spectacular to not! So - here is one to start... It is from the blog, The Year In Pictures. It is simply a blog with unbelievable photos and the stories behind them.
At the beginning of this month, the Chaiten volcano in southern Chile, which had been dormant for many thousands of years, began to erupt. Fortunately, there was time to evacuate the town although the ash has now begun to spread its way south across the entire country.

Photographer Carlos Gutierrez of UPI took these dramatic photographs...

2 comments:

holly said...

That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

grams said said...

So awsome!