5/06/2008

I Am So Trailer Park

Let me paint you a picture. Carson is riding behind me shirtless with scratchy straps chafing his skin, eating Starburst and drooling everywhere while singing the last word of every line in Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. A hot pink and purple fleece princess blanket is rigged up behind him because Demi is making a fort and bunk beds made out of shoe boxes for her Barbie’s. I have no idea where the shoe boxes came from. She is dancing and yelling at parker saying ‘do you want me to teach you the macaroni’ – crossing her arms in front of her. (translation=MACARENA) We are on our way to McDonalds for the 4th time this week. Demi tells me she wants a hamburger and begins listing what she wants on it and parker turns around in his seat and asks her, ‘do you like to hurt cows, Demi?' He only eats chicken mcnuggets. And all the while – my MINIVAN looks like this…

And… I haven’t showered in 2 days. Like I said. Trailer park.

4 comments:

Texas Tingey said...

Oh Hilarie! You crack me up! I am so loving your blog! What great memories! (have you been reading??)

Julie said...

Well, our family boasts the title of 'White trash' on a daily basis, so you are not alone! You are too funny with your witty details.

holly said...

Hilarie,
have you ever considered doing stand up ? I mean really you are hilarious. Love the car photos.

Anonymous said...

hilarie, seriously, parker is HILARIOUS! "do you like to hurt cows, demi?" I mean that is sooooo funny! where does he come up with this stuff.. i love it!