2/20/2009

I'm gonna flip out a little bit now... Although it's not about bounce houses. I just included that pic for fun!

(Here is a preview pic of the party to come. It is the closest bounce house we could get to match the Star Wars: Clone Wars theme. Parker is just going to have to pretend that Clone Troopers live in it or something. At least that's how I spin it in my mind.)

Don't get me started with people! Tomorrow morning is Parker's b-day party. We invited 29 kids - not including family and I have had 5 RSVP's. What are people thinking!? Where are their manners!? Aside from the bounce house, which we would be getting anyway, I need to get hot dogs, chips, drinks and ice cream today for either 5 or 29. What am I supposed to do? And that is not including the treat bags that are so darling that I am spending a fortune on. 5 or 29? Huh? Don't know because nobody RSVP's anymore these days. I guess I will just have hot dogs coming out my wazoo for weeks to come. And I guess I will have to prepare the treat bags at the party because I am sure as hell not going to open all the packages in case I need to return most of it.

OK. I will calm down now. It is just something that is so unbelievable to me. My mom and I talk about it all the time. The 'failing to RSVP to a party' phenomenon that is becoming such a problem in American these days... :(

But not too worry. It is still going to be such a fun party for Parker and he is really excited. There are already 9 for sure and about 5 more that are pretty definite just with family and neighbors and the friends from class that have RSVP'd - so if that is all that shows it will be great because it will save me some green and Parker won't know the difference.

Pictures of the festivities will be coming your way soon! :)

4 comments:

andrea said...

That is frustrating! It sounds like you have lots of fun planned. The good news is that hotdogs and buns freeze well if you end up with extra. You should make really good treat bags for the kids that RSVP'd, and just throw together something in a paper bag for the ones that just "show up"....then offer a shallow apology to the parents, and remind them that you really didn't know if they were coming since you never had an RSVP...is that a little too evil?! ;)

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about thank you cards. Were people never taught manners?!? Monet wishes she could be at the party! So fun! Hopefully one day all the kids will be at each others birthday parties...

Side note..... I am writing Monet's birthday thank you's currently... I had to clarify that after my above comment :) Yours will be there soon!

Emilie said...

Ok- a couple of things...
First- Hillary, I absolutely agree with you. Although I have admittedly been guilty of this, it is funny because just this morning I called to RSVP to a shower and was thinking about this topic.
Second- I miss your family Hill! I feel like i didnt even get to talk to you when you were here for Christmas. Hope Parker had a great Birthday!
*I adore your blog BTW and wish I were as talented as you.

Texas Tingey said...

Oh boy! HOw did everything turn out anyway??? WEsley had a GREAT time. Thanks for thinking of him. And, please, let me apologize for not RSVPing until the night before! No excuses, I just kept forgetting.
Talk to ya later!